The Human Resources Department takes a leadership role and provides service in support of City of Oxford’s Vision by promoting the concept that our employees are our most valuable resource and will be treated as such. The Human Resources Department also act as catalysts enabling all City employees to contribute at optimum levels towards the success by:
- Promoting and recruiting the best-qualified people and recognizing and encouraging the value of diversity in the work place.
- Providing a competitive salary and benefit package and developing the full potential of our work force by providing training and development for career enhancement.
- Providing a work atmosphere that is safe, healthy and secure, and also conscious of long-term family and community goals.
- Establishing, administering and effectively communicating sound policies, rules and practices that treat employees with dignity and equality while maintaining City compliance with employment and labor laws.
The range of benefits available to regular City employees include:
- Health Insurance - Employee coverage is 100% paid by the City of Oxford
- Retirement - 9% employee contribution, 12% City contribution. Vested after 8 years of service, retirement after 25 years of service with no penalties
- Life Insurance - $15,000 Employee life insurance coverage (at no cost to employee). Mandatory: Employee must purchase coverage in the amount of $20,000, the City pays 40% of cost.
- Holidays - 10 official holidays and other holidays that may be declared by the Governor throughout the year
- Vacation Leave - Employees begin to accrue vacation leave after the first month of continuous service, beginning with 8 hours each month and increasing with length of service.
- Sick Leave - All full-time employees will be entitled to one day per month of sick leave. Sick leave may be accrued without limit.